The Halon platform runs on Amazon EC2.
Launching the image
To launch it, you can either download the "raw" image and write it to the root (/dev/xvda) disk of a HVM machine yourself, or use our public AMIs.
|4.5-p2||us-east-1||ami-b7f230ca||Launch (Requires that you sign in)|
For other regions, please copy the AMI yourself by selecting "Public images" in the drop-down for the search bar under "Images -> AMI" and then search for the ID listed above. After that, click on the "Actions" drop-down and then "Copy AMI".
- Create a new VM using whichever method you prefer
Note that the provided SSH key won't be used
- Browse to its web admin on port 443
- Login with username "admin" and instance ID as password (the SSH keys you choose in EC2 arn't used)
- Once the getting started guide is completed, you will be redirected to the web admin's overview page
- Go the System > Hardware page and choose "System disk" as storage device (the system will reboot)