- Connect to your ESX host with the vSphere Client.
- Once logged in, choose File -> Deploy OVF Template...
- Paste the URL to the OVA file, or press Browse... button to select the file on your computer, and press Next.
- Press Next, then Accept if you agree with the EULA, and then Next
- Type a descriptive name, and press Next.
- If a matching datastore (harddrive) and virtual network (Ethernet adapter) are found, the Ready to Complete review screen is shown. If so, press Finish. Otherwise, map datastores and virtual networks until you reach the Ready to Complete screen. If using vCenter, configure the network settings.
- Wait for the import to complete, and then press Close
- Locate the newly imported virtual machine in the left pane, select it, press the Summary tab, and press the green play button labelled Power On.
- Unless you used the network preference guide supported in vCenter, choose network settings. Press the Console tab, and wait a few minutes for the network configuration guide to appear. Press the screen. Type an IP address (one that is unoccupied, and that you can access) and press return. Type a netmask (or subnet, if you prefer; for example 255.255.255.0 or 24) and press return. Type a gateway and press return. Type a DNS and press return. The new blue “Halon” screen shows on which IP address you can access it.
- Go to the IP address you configured, log in with username "admin" and the password “admin”, and follow the guide.
Start by deploying the OVF template
Enter a file path or URL to the Halon OVF file
Click on next after you have reviewed the template details
Enter a name for you new Halon installation
Choose in which format you want to store the virtual disk
Check that all settings are correct before you deploy.
Wait until the deployment is done.
When completed, the virtual machine is ready to be powered on.
Click on the power on button to start the virtual machine, from here follow the guide that will be shown under the Console tab.