All changes that are saved in the working copy under Configuration -> Email engine can be tested with live staging before you decide to deploy it. You can find the live staging menu on each page under the Configuration tab.
All available options under the Live staging menu:
- Options - Set conditions that will be applied to the live stage.
- Stage ID; used to find connections processed by the stage configuration.
- Time; how long the live stage will be enabled (in seconds)
- Count; how many connections that will use the stage configuration
- Probability; random chance that the stage configuration will be used (given as 0 to 1 where 0.5 is 50%)
- SMTP listener; limits the stage configuration to a specific SMTP listener, e.g. mailserver:inbound.
- Sender IP; limits the stage configuration to specific remote client IP addresses.
- Show text log - View all SMTP traffic for the current stage id under the Text log page.
- Show email tracking - View the history and queue for the current stage id.
- Config diff - Compare the stage configuration with the running configuration.
Note that the staged configuration is only active on the node that it was started from.
When a live stage is active, it can automatically pick up on new changes to the configuration or live staging options if you activate the auto restart feature (otherwise it will not pick up new changes until you manually stop and start the live staging again). Note that if the node restarts during a live staging it will be stopped automatically.