All changes that are saved in the working copy under Configuration -> Email engine can be tested with live staging before you decide to deploy it. You find the Live Staging menu on each page under the Configuration tab.
All available options under the Live staging menu:
- Start - Start a new live staging, or overwrite the existing one.
- Cancel - Cancels the current live staging.
- Options - Set conditions that will be applied to the live stage.
- Stage id - The ID is used to find connections processed by the stage configuration.
- Time (in seconds) - How long the live stage will be enabled in seconds
- Count (connections) - How many connections that will use the stage configuration
- Probability - Set a probability that the stage configuration will be used. Given as 0 to 1 where 0.5 is 50% for example.
- Server ID - Limit the stage configuration to a specific SMTP listener, e.g. mailserver:inbound.
- Remote IP address - Limit the stage configuration to a remote client IP address.
- Show text log - View all SMTP traffic for the current stage id under the Text log page.
- Show email tracking - View the history and queue for the current stage id.
- Show configuration - Compare the stage configuration with the running configuration.
Note that the staged configuration is only active on the node that it was started from.
When a live stage is active, it will not pick up new changes until you override them by clicking on the Live staging button again, and then Start (overwrite). Also if the node restarts during a live stage it will be automatically canceled.