Please familiarise yourself with those changes before updating from an earlier release.
Script language changes
- The RADIUS function radius_authen() was removed in favour for native implementation in our script library.
- The TACACS+ functions tacplus_authen() and tacplus_author() have been removed because of limited usage.
- The configuration setting system_disk_cache for changing FreeBSD's disk (ATA) write cache option has been removed.
The following deprecation warnings will appear in preparation for future changes:
- The is_number() function will stop returning true on boolean types, and produce a warning if used for that. The 4.8 release introduces native boolean types, which can be initiated using for example true/false or JSON decode.
- The mail() function will stop supporting the rawbody, serverid and transportid options. Also, the fifth argument specifying the transport will be required.