This is a draft for an upcoming release. This release introduces connection pooling (reuse), a more powerful queue query API and a new on-disk queue format. Please see the changelog for a full list of changes.
The queue is upgraded to the new "HQF" format. The upgrade process may take longer than usual, as the queue data is migrated to the new format. Depending on queue/quarantine size, disk performance and RAM, the upgrade takes anything from minutes to hours. It's recommended to have at least a few gigabytes of free space on the storage partition. Since this is a critical one-way operation, it's highly recommended to shutdown the system (to have the system in a known state) and take a snapshot, if possible.
- The SOAP API that was deprecated in 5.0 has been removed. Please use the REST and Protocol Buffers API instead.
- The GetMailQueueMetric() function that was deprecated in 5.2 has been removed in favour for the new queue_quota() function.
- The REST API's
/process/have been removed in favour for the new Protocol Buffers API.
- The API authentication script's $soapcall and $soapargs arguments are removed in favour for the new access level classes.
- The log format has changed since smtpd and queued has been merged into one program.
We recommend that following changes are performed in order to prepare for future deprecations.
- The pre- and post-delivery functions PickupPolicy() and PickupSuspend() are renamed to queue_policy() and queue_suspend() since they now work in any script hook.
This is a list of notable changes, in addition to the ones mentioned above.
- Queue and delivery
- SMTP server scripting
- Script language
- Web administration
- New queue message viewer that merges open connections for better overview
- Powerful filter dialogue using the new queue conditions
- Column selector and inline messages preview in message viewer
- New on-disk queue format
- Improved queue quota functionality
- Re-implemented barrier using shared memory functions
- Certificate can be in reloadable configuration even if private key is in startup
- Bug which caused stale SMTP server connections during execution of long-running scripts