You need to upgrade to 5.3 (or newer) before you can upgrade to 5.6 because of a queue migration only present in the former.
- The queue_suspend() and queue_policy() functions now return an array with the ID.
- The HELO.GetExtensions() function which was deprecated in version 5.4 has been removed.
- The GetRoute(), GetDSNHeader() and GetDSN() functions of the per-message end-of-DATA hook which was deprecated in version 5.1 has been removed.
- The text log format has changed slightly.
- The File.toFFIValue() function now returns C-compatible FILE pointer.
- Protobuf version compatibility is now 5.6 or greater.
The next release (5.7) will remove functions deprecated in 5.5 and earlier versions, In preparation, please resolve all deprecation warnings until then. Don't hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
This is a list of notable changes, in addition to the ones mentioned above. There is a full changelog at Github.
- Native plugins
- Introduces support for native plugins as a complement to Halon script (HSL) and FFI, which enables extension of the queue, delivery attempt and scripting language compatible with any programming language that can provide a C ABI interface
- Scripting language
- Support for CSV schemas when using import so that imported files gets typed
- Added explicit
post_sizeto http() function
- Added variables for disconnect reason to disconnect script hook
ip_excludeoption to the queue
Try()function to skip certain IPs from MX lookup
- Added binary option to all hashing functions, such as sha2()
- Added option to return raw (non-decoded) value from getHeader() function
- SMTP server
- Ability to start the server without any listeners in order to drain queue
- Option to disable hook logs for fewer log lines per message
- Option to disable the Received header (if you want to add your own)
- Added In-Reply-To to DSN messages in order to support threaded bounces
- Ability to group queue distribution view by sending domain
- Added total count in response for queue list and groupby calls
Changes and improvements
- Improved concurrent cache miss behaviour in the script cache
- API for queue suspend and policy returns UUID (instead of uint64)
- queue_suspend() and queue_policy() has changed its return value
- File.toFFIValue() function now returns C-compatible FILE pointer