This quarterly release introduces a new package repository, components in different packages to better support Docker and Kubernetes, an HTTP submission API for pre-formatted RFC822 messages and the new
halontop program showing realtime process metrics. Please see the changelog below for a full list of changes, and the release blog for more information.
- The deprecated GetMailFile() function has been removed.
- It's no longer valid to send message to IP addresses using the invalid "user@ip" notation.
- Removed signature_exclude option from integrated (VM) packages's ClamAV function since it cannot return multiple results, and disabled the most excluded signatures PhishingScanURLs.
- On MTA shutdown, all inbound connections are now closed gracefully (which takes longer time).
- The log files now uses standard TLS cipher names instead of OpenSSL's notation.
- The MTA process threads (visible in
top) are renamed for better clarity
- Due to a bug in the rate function, all non-string data types for the namespace and entry parameters were previously implicitly converted, this is no longer supported
This is a list of notable changes. You can find the full changelog here.
- Templates for Docker and Kubernetes
- APT/deb and RPM repositories with components in separate packages
- HTTP submission API for pre-formatted RFC822 messages
halontopprogram showing realtime process metrics
- New reserved connection slots for specified remote IP addresses
- Ability to use multiple spool paths
- Export message using with
- Include queue policy insights in post-delivery
- Added support for customization of the Received header (
- Support message retry with a jitter (distribution) in queue actions
- Added lists, grouping of conditions, and custom properties to active queue policy and delivery settings
- Scripting language
signDKIM()for faster dual-signing
importsupport for multiple X.509 certificates (.crt) and RFC 822 messages (.eml)
- Added support for
zlib_compress()and uncompress functions
MIME.toFile()function returning a
MIME.setDate()function to easily overwrite/set a Date header
queue_policy_deletefunction allowing more queue control automation
- Native plugins
- Creating Halon script classes/objects
- Throw Halon script exceptions
- Executing Halon script callback functions
- Encoding/decoding JSON directly to/from Halon script variables
- Autoloading plugins without configuration
- Support for more types such as
argvstyle of arguments
Halon_early_init()function, supporting early initialization