This release adds various improvements to many parts of the MTA. Notable changes include message priority support in the active queue to prioritize deliveries, as well as the ability to define custom thread pool for script execution and to set thread priorities to improve performance.
- Removed the following deprecated functions from the per-message end-of-DATA script. They were only available in one release (5.0).
- Removed ability to control
- Removed support for the per-recipient end-of-DATA script from the Linux builds. This change doesn't affect the integrated (VM) package.
- Deprecated use of
MIME("0")in end-of-DATA script by triggering a warning in the log. Use
GetMailMessage()instead. Its use is discouraged and we'll change this deprecation to a critical error a few releases before it's removed to assist the migration.
This is a list of notable changes. There is a full changelog on Github.
- Added priority for queued messages
- Added max age of messages in queue (retry.during) as an alternative to retry.count
- Added support for thread priority for various thread pools and event loops
- Added support for more AUTH mechanisms in SMTP clients (eg. XOAUTH2)
queues.maxmessagesto limit number of messages to hold in memory
data.mimepart.fixheaders(false) to inject
\r\nbefore bad headers
$arguments["expired"]to post-delivery hook to indicate bounces due to age or max retry count
- Scripting language
- Native plugins
- HTTP submission API
/healthendpoints to be used with load balancers
$arguments["headers"]to end-of-DATA script